Sunday 7 August 2011

Getting started...


I didn't need to look far for inspiration for my latest creative activity. Lucas inherited a charming wee crochet dog from his big brother Coben, which he named "Nai Nai" (words a child would use for milk in Chinese). He just adores this little guy but lately I noticed that he's looking rather well cuddled and in need of a good wash and mend. So I decided to make Lucas a new little friend whilst Nai Nai is getting some work done.

I happened to also find THE most delightful book on the subject, Super-Cute Crochet by Nicki Trench. I know I'm a grown woman and it's probably not completely normal but I found myself fantasising about a great big basketful of these adorable little creatures.


A quick dash round the haberdashery department of John Lewis and I'm good to go...



Mr. P teased me about my new hobby of crocheting carrots...which i quickly pointed out would not be carrots but animals (or would not intentionally be carrots anyway!). So carrots or not, I shall be revealing my efforts soon...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment