Friday 21 October 2011

For the love of turquoise...

I go a bit bananas over anything turquoise related...so when it came to deciding on a colour to paint this tired-looking vintage chest of drawers


....I immediately opted for the luscious looking "Provence" from my Annie Sloan Chalk paint collection. I couldn't resist painting the inside of the drawers in "Emperor's silk" red (another one of my favourites) for a bold flash of colour. During the revamp, I left a strip of blue masking tape along the top edge of the drawers which Mr. P thought was a lovely design feature...and so inspired the "Aubusson blue" strip painted along the top edge of all the drawers.


I had a bit of "Emperor's Silk" left in my dish, so I added a dash of "Pure" white paint to make a gorgeous shade of what I would describe as an eye-popping pomegranate!


Just enough to brighten-up a wee chair....


A quick all over with dark and clear wax, a light distressing with sand paper, followed by a final coat of clear wax....and presto my wee chair was done...looks good beside the turquoise chest of drawers, even if I say so myself!


I apologise for the poor quality of my pictures! They were taken in a dark, cramped corner of my work space with my iphone....but I was just so excited to share them anyway! I'll need to get my talented photographer friend Fee to show me a few tricks on my DSLR...but in the meantime please bear with my grainy shots!

Next weekend, these two babies will be gracing the Mood Flowers stand at the Homes & Interiors Show at the SECC (do come by and say hello if you're planning on visiting the show!), and will be available to buy at the show or later in my etsy/folksy shop!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment