Wednesday 26 October 2011

Decisions decisions...

I've finally completed the frame for the fireside chair I'm doing at college (I'm studying furniture design and craft...just a wee extra something to keep me busy!).


As the chair's proportions are on the petite side, I've decided it would be best suited for a child, so the fabric I'm going to choose needs to reflect a more relaxed, child-friendly look and feel. I'm not talking about a Disney Princess or Ben 10 theme here...I still want the chair to look good in a family room!*

I'm loving the Barcelona Fabric range from Designer's Guild. For me, the hand-drawn, screen-printed designs in funky colour ways, perfectly balances child-like naivety, with cool contemporary design.



...I'm thinking of going for a solid coloured fabric on one side of the chair maybe the front-side, jazzed-up with buttons in a contrasting colour, and having a patterned fabric on the back.



OOohhh...decisions, decisions...I'll just have to work on upholstering more chairs so that I could use all the lovely fabrics I find!


*Not that I think there's anything wrong with having disney princess or Ben 10 themed rooms...but yes I'm one of those design-junkie parents that tries hard to steer my kids away from all those big commercial characters aimed at kids...all in the name of widening their appreciation of art and design of course!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment