Wednesday 9 November 2011

The joys of quilting

Although I've been a bit quiet on the blog front lately...I've certainly not been quiet on the "making" side of things! I've been busy busy busy...along with everything else I'm already doing, one of the things I've always wanted to learn is quilting (you just can't beat the artistry and pure homespun cosiness you get from a patchwork quilt!)...so I've started a short 4-week course at Mandors and have spent the last two Sundays in a haze of quilt-making euphoria. I am just LOVING it...that and my new Husqvarna Viking sewing machine. Getting a double quilt made over the course of 4 Sundays is no mean feat...so I've been getting extra tasks to complete between classes. Hence my evenings have been filled with much cutting, sewing and pressing of seams....and learning that basting is not just for turkeys!

Here's a little sneak preview of the quilt I'm making...





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment