Friday 25 November 2011

The dreaded C word


Yes I hate to say it but probably like many novice quilters out there, most likely when doing your first quilt, I've encountered that dreaded C word...CREEP! After spending what felt like about a gazillion hours piecing my quilt as precisely as I could do it...I've fallen at the last hurdle with the basting and stitching-in-the-ditch. The fabric had moved just a fraction or so out which meant a whole lot of unpicking and re-sewing...but I think I'm finally getting there...one more long night and I should be ready for the binding.


The stitching on the back turned out to be a cross...which is rather poignant as I did feel like I needed saving at times!


The aftermath...thread balls the size of tumbleweed scattered all over my kitchen floor!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment