Monday 21 November 2011

The light reveal...

Remember the light I was working on for college? Well the project was actually completed weeks ago but it's currently undergoing a face shade lift! Each paper cut fish (that's 100 to be precise!) was cut by hand and individually attached with permanent double-sided tape. Sadly my first prototype, lovely as it is, has started to prematurely shed fish (clearly double-sided tape just does not cut the mustard!), so this time I'm going to re-do it with a stronger adhesive and jazz it up with some patterned tracing paper for a more textured effect.




As you can see it's not quite finished yet...but fingers crossed it'll work this time round!

Photobucket

ps. I will post a picture of the finished light soon...provided I don't get side-tracked with quilting (my latest addiction!)

No comments:

Post a Comment