Wednesday 23 November 2011

A new beginning...

Last night I was busy doing internet research aka googling/blog surfing (aka being in procrastination mode)...I came across a real gem of a blog (yeah so I suppose I wasn't really wasting time!) Blu Shed by Lu Summers. Although it was her amazing screen printed work and quilts that initially drew me to her blog, I found her blog made such compulsive reading that I ended-up staying way past my bedtime reading her latests posts, in a rather non-sensical reverse order...and most of this evening reading her blog again, but this time in a far more sensible order i.e. from the very beginning. I think what really makes her blog so compelling is that she writes in a very honest, authentic manner...yeah so she may swear now and again...but it really does feel like she's just nammering on in her own true "voice". Up until now, I realise I've not really enjoyed writing my blog because I've been too cautious about how and what I write. It's been exhausting. It's no wonder I've not enjoyed the blogging process and have been treating it like homework, something to be done and dusted, and forgotten for at least a week (until my guilty conscience creeps in). It's also been ridiculous and embarassing how long each posts took me to write...two or more bloody hours for a few measly sentences! It's no wonder I've been avoiding it like the plague! But this is not for me anymore...from now on I'm going to blog in a way that is true to myself...it's going to me, the real me, warts and all! I'm going to let it all hang! (I'm sure you're getting the picture now!). I feels great! So liberating! YAY! Thanks Lucie! Maybe I should rename my blog Eight treasure rice: for all of life's little and big disasters (me being one of them...at least at times!). Anyway, I thought I'd start the dawn of a new blog era by not posting a picture...because a) I've not taken any photos today b) I'm a rubbish photographer c) I've not actually got any of my projects finished to show-off and it's probably getting boring looking at half-done projects (not that anyone apart from my dear husband and mother-in-law actually read my blog!).

Anyhow...I hope that me being me doesn't scare people off my blog...or get me a divorce summons ;P

Good night!

p.s. Damn it's past my bedtime again...but yay this blog post only took 30 mins!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment