Thursday 6 October 2011

Play time

All work and no play certainly makes Jill a dull girl...so today I indulged in some play time with my dear dear friend Karen from way back in my high school days in Canada. Somehow we lost touch a couple years after I left Canada to study in London....but through some clever sleuthing she tracked me down a few years ago by which point I was living in Glasgow, married with a 3 month old and a blossoming (excuse the pun!) florist business. Turns out my fab friend from Thunderbay had been living in Edinburgh for a couple of years and was studying Medical Herbalism! All these years of wondering...and then to find out she was living less than 50 miles away from me was just unbelievable!




Thinking back, some of my fondest memories of our school years, apart from wearing a kilt to school everyday (and now I live in kilt country...how cool is that?), was our little eating adventures where we would go out of our way to try different cuisines. In our 16/17 year old minds it was just the height of sophistication! Even now, whenever we meet-up, it still centres around food...sharing the delectable salads at Cafe Milk, getting a dumpling fix at Chop Chop or sampling the moreish roti-canae at Rumours Cafe. Food and wonderful conversation...what a delightful way to spend an afternoon!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment